Friday, December 18, 2009

Al Franken Shuts Down Al Lieberman, John McCain Reacts

Posted by James Richardson
Thursday, December 17th at 6:26PM EST

Senator Al Franken today caused a stir among his colleagues, breaking from the Senate’s long-held standards of collegiality when the gavel-wielding Minnesota Democrat denied Senator Joe Lieberman an additional minute to finish his remarks.
>snip< In such occasions, members request unanimous consent from their colleagues for an additional moment or two. Such requests are summarily granted.
>snip< “I’ve been around here twenty-something years. This is the first time I’ve ever seen a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks,” said John McCain.

“And I must say, I don’t know what’s happening here in this body, but I think it’s wrong. I tell you, I’ve never seen a member denied an extra minute or two as the chair just did.”

No comments:

Volunteer

My photo
United States
The Original Homeland Security! Keeping America safe for Our Children And Their Children.