Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rich Nadler Dead At 60


By Jack Cashill
It hurts to write this.

Rich Nadler's wife Barbara called to tell me that the man she "loved so much" died suddenly at home, Saturday, May 30, likely either of a stroke or of a heart attack. He was 60 years old. Those who know Rich know what a fearsome fighter he was for conservative causes.
If there was a smarter person in Kansas City, or a better informed one, or a more passionate one, I have not met him.
To his credit, Rich was not afraid to get in the face even of his friends if he disagreed with you, as he did famously with most of us on the amnesty issue. About a year ago, Phyllis Schlafly called and asked me to resign from a board I sat on with Rich because of his outspokenness on this issue. As I told her, "If you knew Rich the way I did, you would not even ask this question."
We will honor Rich at Zenith on Wednesday June 3 in addition to our regular program. Check Zenithboosters.com for updates on arrangements. An orthodox Jew, Rich will likely be interred in St. Louis, where he was from. Barbara does not use the Internet. I will post all contact information for her on the Zenith site as I get it.
Thanks
Jack
http://www.cashill.com
>>>>><<<<<
The photo of Rich I shot on September 25, 2008 at the Johnson County Kansas Central Library . I and several other Minutemen were participating in a focus group on “The Challenges of Immigration”. Most of the young people were from Olathe South High School for class credit and were by and large opposed to open borders.
Rich Nadler surprised me that evening by his view on illegal immigration.

I personally knew Rich only slightly but admired his (mostly) conservative views since he was a panelist on the original “Ruckus” program on KCPT TV Kansas City. With his ever present clip board and manor of presenting his view point one could not help but to find him endearing. Richard Nadler was truly unique.
Bill

>>>>><<<<<
(In the Link at the top) "Rich's protege, Ramesh Ponnuru, has posted this on National Review:"

1 comment:

Chixulub said...

Rich Nadler was a singularity, and one of the biggest single influences in my life. The genius workaholic ultra-right-wing vegetarian Jew, they didn't make two of those.

And if you had been easily swayed when you disagreed with Rich, I don't think he would have admired you, Jack. And back when I was working for him (in the Nadler Publishing/K.C. Jones days), he would speak of you with nothing but admiration.

I once bragged to a friend who was a fan of Rich that if he wanted to meet Rich, I had 'the juice to make that happen.' And I did (lunch at Olive Garden before Rich gave up eating lunch). I guess I'm still in some denial about the fact that I no longer have sufficient 'juice.'

Rod McBride

Volunteer

My photo
United States
The Original Homeland Security! Keeping America safe for Our Children And Their Children.

Blog Archive