Monday, November 30, 2009

A personal observation
(See photos below)
If you are a recreational hand gun shooter and own a 380 ASP caliber pistol you know this is a hard to impossible round to find this past year.

Roger 1 (Roger of midtown) ((KC area)) told me a supplier in Prescott Arizona had 380 ammunition at just under 32¢ a round. The brand is “MFS” out of Hungary, a European company I was not familiar with.


Cutting to the chase
I ordered 1000 rounds from J&G Sales of Prescott Arizona and got them via UPS a week later. That evening my wife and I went to the bullet hole and shot 150 rounds of the MFS 380s in our Bersa’s (Thunder) and some 9MM too. BTW, the Bersa is the most forgiving 380 I’ve ever fired.

I’ve been making things go bang for over 50 years and know when ammunition is filthy, I know how to clear jams, I know why the slide does not stay open after the last round is fired and I know why round after round (20/25) requires you to pull back the hammer and strike the primer a second time.

All the above I told J&G sales by email and received the following reply.

“Sir,
Thank you for your message. We do offer a 30 day return period if your firearms do not like the ammo. You may send it in for a refund of unused boxes, or you can exchange for some other items, however we have no other 380 available to exchange for.
Several of the issues you mention are not ammo related, such as slide not staying back and primer not being ignited on first hit. The second hit sets it off which indicates the primer is fine, but that is was not hit hard enough the first time. This can be caused by underpowered firing pin or hammer springs.
Thank you for your email
J&G Sales”

I asked nothing of J&G Sales and directed them to my web site to view photographs of the guns and unfired rounds. I’m not sending the ammunition back but I’ll not attempt to fire them in a pistol that’s double action only. 
FYI; I cleaned one pistol and left the other dirty.  This ammunition is as dirty as Wolf!
BB

(Click on photo to enlarge)







No comments:

Volunteer

My photo
United States
The Original Homeland Security! Keeping America safe for Our Children And Their Children.

Blog Archive